Monday, October 30, 2006

My mom is due out this week. It's kind of horrifying because there's so much wrong with my house and I feel more than a little nettled that she and dad seem to notice all that is wrong and little that is right.

Genny's kind of a twerp when her meds wear out. I think we need to do something to extend her meds past the 10 hours they seem to work, but I would rather deal with her being a pain in the ass than give her more meds. I love her energy and her kind heart, whether or not her meds work. The problem is that her bounciness drives Russell up a tree (that which we hate about ourselves...) and he in turn, bitches and so forth, which in turn makes me pin his ears back, which all kind of blows.

This weekend got away from us. Mike and I have been so tired and the kids are happy not to have to deal with us interrupting their computer and TV time, so we overslept both days, despite an alarm.

Today, we got out this afternoon. I made a run at the bread store and the mall. I got Mike's hair cut. When it's long enough for him to be considering the Prince Valiant hair style, it's time for a trim. Though, holy crap, I like him with that hair style. It makes me want to smooch on him and stuff. I walked in and kind of ticked off the stylist...made her cut it much shorter than he was going to do it. He's just unsure and when he got all done, he was happy.

I got the kids a few things for winter. I got both kids warm robes. I got Genny some jammies, a Christmas outfit, and a nice nightgown. I got both kids a couple of Halloween shirts. I got Mike some jeans on sale and I got a sweater poncho and a pretty blouse and bustier tank top thing. The blouse is supposed to go over the bustier thing, so you see the pretties, without being grossed out too much skin.

Russell was initially refusing to wear a robe and I finally just said that he had to. I said he shouldn't be wandering around in his underwear, that he'd be cold, and that if he had a problem with Genny doing that, that ultimately, it was problematic that he was doing it. He then brought up that Mike frequently puts on a robe and nothing else and isn't careful about what he flashes. He had a good point, so I brought it up to Mike with the kids present and said that both kids had mentioned his lack of underwear and pants under his robe and that he needed to knock it off. I said I'd be glad to purchase or sew him jammie bottoms. He was kind of embarrssed, but the kids were sitting in the back on the verge of cheering when he agreed he needed to knock it off.

I guess he doesn't think about it because he's a guy, who grew up with guys, but thank God, he's willing to address it. I think it's hard for him to comprehend that our kids aren't little any more and that seeing us naked at their ages is something that they're going to remember. I think all that whiteness is bad for their eyes anyhow. Mike could use a little modesty. I learned modesty a few years back, but he's really selectively modest. He locks the door to the bathroom to poop, but he chooses not to shut the door when I'm trying to dress, even if I ask him 20 times. Gah.

The wee hours are upon me. I'm going to sleep before I fall asleep in a pool of drool on my keyboard.

No comments: