Friday, October 06, 2006

Despite the fact that I have a cold to beat the band, that just happens to coincide with the blooming of sagebrush, my sugars have been a whole lot better. I'm thinking I may have to go on prednisone and I've already started antibiotics because there's an infection trying to burn into my chest.

So about a month ago, I got back all my labs and they were as expected. Though I'd been eating tighter than a parking space at Costco on a Saturday, my hba1c was creeping up...6.2 to be exact. We are chalking that up to lack of exercise. My meds were increased and it's been better. I've also continued to eat really carefully. I have sugar free everything and if I have a fit for something I shouldn't have, I take insulin beforehand and eat a small portion. I'm losing weight regardless, which is welcome news, of course. I'm not losing it brutally fast as I would, if I were exercising, but I've gotten into the $5 pair of jeans I bought at Walmart in August that I couldn't wear then. I'll take it!

My knee continues to be a sore arthritic pain in the leg. Last time I got a hair up my butt to clean the house like a fiend, I spent 2 days recovering from pain and exhaustion. That would have been a week ago when Russell entertained several friends for his birthday party. I spent the weekend crashed and trashed. I actually spent most of Saturday, napping with Mike. We were both exhausted and just cuddled on the bed and woke up at 5 kind of horrified and startled. With the house, clean the kids just played games and ignored us.

We are so tight financially. I'm maintaining the budget for a change and while I did have one stupid mistake, basically, we're in good stead at the moment. I called and played the pity card with bill collectors because I have the most god awful case of laryngitis ever and sound like I'm barfing up a cat coughing up a furball whenever I go to speak. Basically, I accidentally overpaid one of my medical bills and that threw our entire budget into chaos. I projected the budget until January and it's then, that things start to get dicy. I know that my parents will send us a pretty good-sized check at Christmas, so I'm going to use that and pay for my substitute license and fingerprinting. My hope is that I'll work at least a couple days in January and be able to make up that budget shortfall and even get us ahead.

Frankly, a lot of our budget depends on Mike's raise and on the profit sharing bonus due in November.

In the interim, there's a craft show in a few weeks that I will be sewing for. I'm going to make a mess of blankets and see what I can sell. Mike asked if it would be worth it. I told him, if I sold 2 blankets that it would be worth it. One would pay for my table and the other would give me cash in my pocket. I figure that I've already paid for the fabric and that as a result anything I got back on it at this point would be gravy. I figure I have little to lose by doing this, so I'm going to try it. I'm going to try throwing together a few baby baskets and see if those go, too.

I already made one baby blanket -- Classic Pooh for a PTA auction. I put it in a basket with a bottle of baby soap, some baby food jars, a pacifier and shirt clip(it was the only thing with Pooh that I could find that didn't cost a lot), a box of wipes, a cheap fleece receiving blanket, a bottle, and a set of inexpensive board books.

Just checking in. :)

No comments: