Monday, October 09, 2006

I love antibiotics when they work well.

I can breathe. I can think. I feel relatively human

Hey, I cooked tonight. I made homemade pesto from fresh basil in the pots out front, roasted pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, a little black pepper, and garlic. I think that's the surest sign I'm feeling better. I'm cooking and planning meals.

Tomorrow, I think I'd like to make barbecued chicken fajitas. I'll have to change up some of the veggies -- but it'll be tasty.

I am still blanketing. I had a few things to fix on Genny's purple sparkly butterfly blanky. The very expensive lace I special ordered is pretty crappy. There are several places where the lace didn't get sewn into the hem like it should have by the manufacturer, so I'm having to go back and repair those spots and it really ticks me off. And invariably those are the spots that made the lace curl, so that I ended up sewing those parts into the hem. Then I have to spend time with my glasses perched on my face and seeing if my arms can get longer, trying to find those itty bitty stitches to rip out.

It's all pinned and ready to roll.

And Mike and I were talking about my apparent weight loss. There's just less of my body protruding from the spots I loathe, and it's really awesome. It's just plain odd to be this excited about the prospect of going to the doctor's and getting weighed.

And my sugars have come down with the weight loss, which is the most awesome thing of all. I've been sitting on a weight cusp, where my sugars haven't been reacting as I expected. I realized tonight, that things are getting normal again. I don't want to slump into a nap after each meal, for starters.

Yay! Now, if I can just do something with the aquatard. ;p

No comments: