Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'm so tired.

I got the livingroom and kitchen so they didn't look like such horrible pits. I still have more to go, but at least that's progress.

This week, Genny finally got signed up for Kindergarten. We went out to Mervyns and had her select her backpack, which is on wheels and pink, naturally. Genny is a princess, so she had to have the fancy stuff. Russell gladly takes the cheap no frills backpack, though this year, with the extra books, I got him a nice ergonomic backpack that we could fit to his body from Lands' End. I saw it and immediately thought of him.

We watched various DVDs from Elvis' comeback special (1968). Sarah and I decided that Elvis must be hot in black leather, but that he was not only the owner of the hottest ass, but he also was apparently hung like a horse, and that he had the most gorgeous *comefuckme* eyes we've ever seen. We were yelling things like "Come on, baby, take OFF the fucking jacket. You're hot and we'll hold it for you!" Elvis borrowed hankies from various adoring groupies in the special to wipe is hubbahubbadingdong eyebrow. I think the coolest thing in this DVD was the tribute to gospel and rhythm and blues he did --awesome modern dance and great music.

LaDawn blew me off. She says she didn't, but she did. I knew she didn't want to see Elvis anyhow, but I made ribs just for her and I bought strawberry daiquiri makings and perfected the art of strawberry daiquiris just for her. She claims she'll come around today, but we'll see.

I figure anyone who doesn't like Elvis is crazed anyhow. Harumph. However, she is one week behind me on periods (because I was a week early), so she's got horrendous PMS, so I'm not nearly as upset about it as Sarah is.

In the middle of daiquiris though, Leann called upset because she wanted someone to bring her her kids. I explained that I had already had a couple of daiquiris, so I wasn't in any condition to drive, so I need to go visit today and see what I can do for her. I guess she and Brian had a fight, where he refused to bring the kids because he was too busy. I guess I don't understand the kind of busy that involves leaving your hospitalized wife undergoing chemotherapy alone and lonely when she wants to see her children.

I've never liked him much, but I like him less now.

---

I have to go wake up sleepyhead and we need to get going.

No comments: