Wednesday, July 02, 2003

This morning I went to the spa pool and it was okay, but I think I need to work harder. It hurt a little, but I think I was taking it too easy because I'm not hurting much tonight and because my sugars are running high, which is way not usual after a good workout. I put in a half hour of solid water work -- jogging in the water, x-c skiing, kicking, etc., but I think it was just not quite hard enough, so tomorrow, I think I'll go a little early to avoid the nosy gabbing old people and try again, working for more aerobic-ness and more time. I may even try out in the pool first and then go to the spa to warm up and get the cold out of my joints.

Today, Genny just kind of lost it. I don't know what crawled up her patooty, but man, she was just the crowned Princess of Piss and Vinegar and that's even next to the teenager with advanced PMS. It all kind of culminated with an hour of meltdown from 5-6. Word, I've never seen this kid lose it like she lost it tonight. I don't know if having to share all her stuff and her room with the teenager just hit her and turned her little world upside down today or if she's getting sick. I almost hope it's the latter because I can fix that better than the space invasion of a teenager.

The teenager is going to a drawing class tomorrow and much like Rudolph, I could even say she glows. She's very psyched about it, but she had a hard time accepting it. I think to some degree, no one has ever done something this nice for her before and she was stunned about the money. I'm really glad to be able to show her that we think she's way worth it.

While we're not rolling in money, I put in extra time on the contract and got a little extra cash and after I find out what the dental damage is tomorrow at the dentist's, we'll know how much I need to pay my dental bills to get my teeth somewhere near cleaned up, capped, and done from the stock options. I'm hoping we can avoid the whole damned thing and work out a reasonable payment plan, but I suspect it won't be that tremendously reasonable for our restricted budget in the face of my not-really-working status.

I'm getting psyched about school. I was hoping to work on a book idea with a professor, but she blew me off for the summer, so I'll approach it in the fall.

We're still figuring out the 4th celebration plans, but I think it'll be BBQ here and then we'll drive to the city and see the fireworks. We might be able to drive up a dirt road and watch two cities worth from a mountain crest, but I need to scope out the roads during the day.

My husband is naked in my bed and giving me that come hither nod. Must. go. hither.

No comments: