Wednesday, July 23, 2003

My ribs are continuing to be very very sore and to limit my movement. While vioxx can make that better, I'm not sure it's better for me to be able to do more and thus, put myself at risk. Not that I'm a workaholic or anything, Nooooo, not me. Uh-unh. No sirreeee.

My mom and I were comparing notes about that too, because she's torn the cartilege between her ribs and dammit, if I'm not a whole lot like her on that whole workaholic thing. She says she keeps reinjuring the ribs and it's taking her that much longer to heal. I've actually been trying really hard to slow down and take it easy, but I've been finding phrases like "Gosh, I should really paint that bathroom" coming unbidden into my head and "Hey, only three more loads of laundry, if I hang dry them."

The biggest bitch is that I have to finish that baby quilt and there's just no way I can get there right now. Sitting up and leaning forward like you have to do for sewing for an extended period of time would have me nauseous with agony in short order. I've been thinking about what if I got it pinned and taught Angelina, but I've been also debating that whole patience with a teenager thing and with the whole nauseous pain thing happening, I'm not sure I can handle the other, especially when we are talking about my thigh squishing Bernette sewing machine. I mean, (insert high pitched voice),"It's a Bernina!" And it cost $400 several years ago when that actually counted for something.

I did go to the dermatologist on Monday and I have a full blown yeast gone to fungus skin infection under my boobs. I've got the meds for it, as well as medicated anti-itching stuff for my ever itchy back, and a fancy alpha hydroxy skin lotion. Diabetes blows chunks. It doesn't matter that I my last hba1c was a 5.7 to my skin, it still grows icky critters in inconvenient places. Although, someone found the yeast infection cream stuff in the remote flap on the couch and accused me of using it, however, my poor daughter has been the sufferer of late. Hey, there's little you can't do with a mini pad, active yogurt cultures and a tube of monostat. I think a commercial I just saw in that vein scared me some.

Basically, a commercial for yogurt and in the background has about 10 grown women smiling and clearly involved in a slumber party and all I could think is "What is this, a yeast infection party?"

What kind of women have those? Is that a bunch of single women who've hung out at the pool too long in their swim suits and all discovered somewhat offhandedly that they all have yeast infections and hey, what the heck, let's have a yogurt and monostat party?

Honestly, the only women I see at the public pools are not young pretty singles, they're frumpy pretty wives watching their kids and they don't have enough time to lay on their towels by the pool soaking up so much sun that they change their body chemistry. They are running their asses off chasing munchkins in and out of the water, walking someone to pee in the bathroom (instead of the pool), toweling off a child, suggesting that their blue-lipped child take 5 in the sun, playing "find the penny", and disciplining one of their other children with the phrase,"Please don't try tossing pennies down other people's butt cracks." And a few minutes later,"Please don't drop pennies down my swimsuit."

I hear doors thundering in the hall. I am getting in that shower before I hear the phrase,"What's for breakfast?" and feel obligated to cook.

No comments: