Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Man, I'm just tired.

Pauline came up to visit with us and we went to a local water park today. We're so sunburned and tired.

I miss my house with just my kids and just my husband. I am glad to help out, but it's just so much all the time and sometimes, I just feel tired.

I miss Mike mostly. To the good, we can lock the door and go into our room and just spend time talking and hanging out. Today, with the car full of kids and Pauline, I stopped to get my water shoes out of the back of Mike's car and I called him on the cell and asked him to come downstairs. He came out, I smooched him and we drove off.

Pauline said I was cute. I just am in love. I miss him a lot, too. With all of these kids, it's hard to have a spare moment alone with him hanging out in the livingroom. We saw T3 (dumb dumb dumb movie) and we saw it late at night, which was nice, but I miss our quiet hour or so in the evening cuddling on the couch without a 15 year old thinking we're big horny lechers. (We are, but yeesh!)

I also feel like when I have someone here, I am supposed to entertain them, so I haven't painted nor have I hardly unpacked, which sucks big wang. I want to finish my painting and I want to be able to just take a nap with the kids, if the mood strikes me and things are just too crazy right now to do that. Add to things that I am now sewing blankets and quilts for A's pregnant 15 year old friend, and there aren't enough hours in the day to sew my curtains for my kitchen or for my bathroom or a dress for Genny or a throwover for me for the pool.

The icing on the cake is that Russell's meds are just not working and he's been pretty bad. Today wasn't too awful because we just kept him running and I kept him on his usual old meds for most of the day, which wasn't great, but it made his behavior tolerable. He's trying so hard and it just about kills me. I want him to be happy. I'd give anything for him to just be happy and have a great day.

Heck, I'd like that for me, too. I'm not unhappy, just stressed. Small surprise, I guess.

No comments: