Monday, May 19, 2003

Well, the room is painted and moved into. I just got the hallway done and I've got sizeable wall portions done in the livingroom.

My diabetes has been a pain in the ass lately. Actually, it's been kicking my ass. I thought I had been doing okay, but Saturday I got a little low without realizing it and when I went to open a bar to eat something, my hands were shaking like a leaf. And I've been so tired. Lord, bone tired. So I finally found a blood kit and discovered that my sugars have been a little high, as well as low -- this morning was 123, which is high for me. And I have been waking up all puffy...hands swollen, face swollen, and elephant ankles. This morning I took a half hour walk and ate fruit and cottage cheese and while I don't feel great, I feel better.

I am working on a corner of the livingroom, so I have to tape and paint accordingly. The only bitch about pretty open beams is that you have to tape to avoid painting the danged things.

Rupert is in her own cage with a little bit of antibiotic in her water, so she feels better, because when I picked her up out of the coop, she not only is rather featherless, but she also had a bright red butt, like she'd been suffering from some kind of poultry malady. Her feathers are already starting to come back, her butt is no longer aglow, and generally she seems happy. She's hanging out with the puffball baby chickens through the screen. They are sharing the warming lamp and cuddling next to each other at night, so it's all good.

The older chickens are getting huge. I need to put together nesting boxes for them to lay in, but I also have to rototill the yard and finish the painting. The fun never ends, I tell ya.

No comments: