Monday, May 12, 2003

Two down and one to go.

I talked to the learning disabilities prof and told her I was sending the final via email sometime this evening because I had to format the references correctly, but that I was willing to send it as is to show that it was done. I also told her that I wasn't sure I was thrilled with it.

She said it was okay to take a little time and just to call her when it's done.

I think I'm going to sleep and then tackle reference formatting tomorrow.

I started to reread this today and realized it's actually in really good shape and I was pleased. It also made me realize that I should not proof or evaluate my work at 2AM.

I'm way bummed about Genny's dresser, though. I asked Mike and Russell to paint it yesterday and I'm going to have to scrape every ounce of paint off the thing and redo it because it looks like shit. Big gobs of paint just sort of dolloped on there with little attention to omitting brush lines or following wood grains. I am tired enough to be significantly pissed off about it.

And with as little sleep as I'm working on, I am angrier than hell at my husband. Remember that yesterday was Mother's Day? Mother's Day to me means I get a day off and that the minions in cooperation with Daddy avoid thrashing my house. Yeah, right! I am scraping things off the kitchen floor that I am not sure I can identify. The dishes in the sink have a weird odor, and what really pisses me off about all this is that Daddy sat on his ass for three hours doing nothing last night, except yelling at the kids.

As I scrubbed the filthy kitchen, I told him tonight if this is the kind of support I can expect in grad school that I won't go to grad school. Then I would resent him forever and eventually divorce him in disgust. I may be so tired as to be over the top, but I am soooo not confessing to it.

No comments: