Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Yesterday, I went to the university to officially gain admission and see about registering for classes. I was pissed off about how old I felt while I was there. All of these petite young things and super young guys. Several times, the phrase,"I'm old enough to be your mother came to mind." I found that disconcerting and uncomfortable. People were nice though, so it was not that bad, but it makes me nervous for my classes. Does age make you a better student? I remember being somewhat intimidated by the older students because they were smarter than everyone else and me. Am I going to have to live up to a lot?

I am also looking into what will it take to get non-income contingent financial aid. I know that there are several scholarships available and I am pretty sure I can write a bitchin' application letter for said scholarship applications, too. It would just be nice to not be entirely self-funded. While the tuition isn't bad, the ability to not have to pay $500/semester for it, would be a welcome financial relief, especially next fall when I won't be working and we won't have contract money, etc. We can get by, but just getting by will suck.

Hopefully, Mike's bonuses will continue to be really good and will help us get through. I also have to get that substitute credential thing going, too. I have to download the forms for that and pull money out of our asses so I can pay for it all. It'll be $200, so it probably won't be until next month. For whatever reason, next month, we have money. *shrug*

I think it's because I blew every extra penny we had on my ungrateful in-laws. No, I'm not bitter.

No comments: