Wednesday, January 08, 2003

I've been getting a lot of housework done. I'm still up to my ass in quilts to finish, but this too shall pass. A quilt that Mike's mom had started for Genevieve and never finished was given to me to finish. It's one of those quilts I should have done by the time Genny is 18 because it's a gigantic pain in the ass. I figure if I can get the center of it done and then add strips around it, it should be a nice bed quilt for her later. I've got to finish the two I'm still working on, but I'm dangerously close to mailing CS's out for Katen because it's getting there so well.

I've had Genny at daycare for the past few days while I get caught up on stuff from the trip, like laundry, dishes, Christmas put-away, and stuff like that. We were sweeping the carpet last night to get the worst of the needles up, so I won't choke the vacuum today. I've actually made paths in our bedroom, so we can get around the damned bed and I've got most of the bags unpacked and put away. I also called my husband and invited him home for a nooner. I was told I should extend that invitation more often.

Oh, afternoon delight.

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of crud I've got in this house in stacks here and there and God, I need a calendar. I'm getting that Mom's Family Calendar by S. Boynton because honestly, it saved our familial butts last year knowing who was going where and when.

And because Ladawn told me it's a good idea to pray for the people who piss you off, I've prayed for my parents-in-law. I've also prayed for the wisdom to handle the situation appropriately and for serenity regarding all things.

My ankle was pretty healed yesterday. I did a lot and it didn't swell a bit, so I think that day of laying around with my feet up on Monday was a very good thing. I just have to figure out what to do with the moon boot and the barely used crutches. I've been doing quite a bit of work on my contract stuff, with the idea that I might actually get paid for it and be able to pay for the classes I want to take at the university. Right now, I'm making a casserole in my crockpot because the crockpot recipe book came from Amazon today. (Thanks, CS!)

Today is a beautiful day with light all around us and blue sky everywhere I look, though the clouds for the coming storm are a-comin'. I start walking tomorrow in order to prep for the IditaWalk2003 starting February 10.

No comments: