Monday, October 28, 2002

I feel like if I haven't posted in 10 days that I ought to have this impressive list of all this crap I've gotten done. I don't have that much of a list. I have been busier than hell though, and it's mostly being a stay-at-home mom and errand girl. The other really incredible news is that this is going to be a semi-permanent condition. Mike got a raise of $10K and with the contract money and saved money on daycare, I no longer have to work, which means I can pretty much throw myself into taking care of my disease, quilting, school, and whatever else I come up with.

Things I've done lately include:

  • threw party on weekend for friends and made a lot of food and cleaned the house like a banshee; collapsed in chair on Sunday
  • made Genny Winnie-the-Pooh curtains
  • designed futon cover for futon in livingroom, now have to sew it.
  • cut out pattern for Russell's Harry Potter cape
  • started new quilting class - have 10 of 49 nine-patches done; finally got instructions on how to make the goshfunnit paper piecing trees and can't figure out how to cut the damned background right
  • went to my friend LaDawn's church and wasn't impressed with it much -- too preachy - going to check out the episcopal church instead
  • walking, always walking
  • saw volleyball game at local university and had a great time - will probably go again on Friday
  • neverending stream of laundry
  • working on contract stuff, but really hating it because there are too many bosses and no one to prioritize the work, but a lot of bitching due to too many bosses (round and round we go, where it stops nobody knows...)
  • drove to UC Davis for contract; work sucked, but the trip to the local produce market made it very worthwhile
  • cooking a lot more at home, which I really enjoy. This weekend I made apple crisp (low sugar), teriyaki sauce, and chili. We're still eating the leftovers.
  • ending volleyball class this week which I'll miss a lot
  • trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up
  • will be taking the grant writing certification classes at the local community college next semester, probably close to full-time
  • trying to figure out how to play with my kids and schedule my days with Genny, so I get work done and she gets play time; so far, she spends some of the day with LaDawn, and some of the day with me, depending on work
  • fighting off a cold, but think I'm losing the battle and will probably have to take copious drugs to mitigate the damage to my ability to breathe
  • awesome sugars lately
  • took Genny to pediatrician because she's been a whiny butt and yes, she's got an ear infection (poor little thing!)
  • noticed lately that Russell is such a wonderful kid and that we really need to get back onto the positive reinforcement strategy with him because he loves rewards; thinking we should call the therapist and start finding ways for him to self monitor


Okay, so it's not much of an update, but it's a start, darnit!

No comments: