Monday, October 14, 2002

Okay, so I canned like Queen of the Harvest this weekend. I made something like 12 - 4oz jars, 2 cases of half pints and 2 cases of pints of relish. I spent two hours cutting on Friday night and 5 hours hovered over various pots I tell you, I felt like a witch coaxing her potions to perfection and bottling them up for lovelorn men and women everywhere. Mike said we could market it as an aphrodesiac. I told him I didn't know if you could convince people that licking relish off of various parts was an appropriate use of my product. He offered to try it out, I suggested he barbecue sausages. He agreed, made sausages, and later I showed him the pleasures of NOT using relish.

I also went to Joann's yesterday and spent my budget because they had quilting supplies for 50% off. I think it's truly abysmal that they'd do such a thing to me, but what's a girl to do? Then I went to Kmart and they were having a sale on tomatillos, so I bought some cilantro and I'll be using what's left of my canning jars to can salsa verde. I'm a sick and wrong kind of cannin' fool.

If you're wondering what you're getting for christmas, you now have a really good idea. If I go and make little hats for the jars, you just better run away and shiver uncontrollably in a corner.

Of course, while I was at Joann's yesterday, I also bought about 5 yards of cordory to make Russell a Harry Potter cape. I'm making it several sizes too big because I plan on making him get some use out of it. I'm pretty sure he won't wear the clown costume again. Dammit. He was pretty pissed off I made him wear it last year, but I warned him he'd have to wear it if I was sewing it for that shindig in August. I'm a mean ole biddy, I tell ya.

No comments: