Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So the second mammo was kind of ugly.

For one, no one can figure out why you're on xanax and wiped out, so you're just kind of trying to dance around it and every so often you get someone persistent and you have to tell them, oh, by the way, I've been abused to kingdom come and back, so this is a traumatic event.

The first two pictures weren't too bad. I mostly cried before the exam.

The third one I screamed and made her get it off because it hurt like hell. She said something about that the compression didn't even register on the machine and I said I didn't give a crap, it hurt and I refused that shot. If they'd bruised my boob, I wouldn't go back. They'd have to knock me out for it and she said they had an alternative method with a sonigram.

They did a sonigram of the remaining picture and said I have to come back in 6 months to make sure nothing has changed for the worse because it's still hard to see.

That sounds particularly ominous, but I'm going to take a xanax nap now and I can fret over it copiously later.

No comments: