Tuesday, July 07, 2009

We're still struggling financially. It's been, in fact, more brutal than any other time in our lives. The expense of medications for the children, even with insurance, the medical issues I am facing, all add to our expenses. I've cut back every way I know how.

I buy from a local Mexican market to get a lot of my produce because the food is inexpensive and delicious. Last night, I bought tamales and that was dinner with a salad and some salsa. I buy whatever I can there because unlike Walmart, I know more of that money stays in the local economy and lord knows, we can use that.

We're starting the process of bankruptcy. In that process, I've done so much research and reading. I found this personal finance guide site. I thought the articles were kind of generic, but ok. I really wished they had more on the bankruptcy process, but I guess that's why I have to pay the lawyer so darned much.

The best news is that some very dear friends got together and sent me a visa gift card and I was able to buy all of our meds at once. I woke up and took a sugar that was not perfect, but much better than yesterday's 132 -- 106. When normal fasting is supposed to be 80-95 and I usually norm at 115, a 106 feels super positive. I also swam last night, which I'm sure is helping.

I notice in my swimming, in fact, that things are a little sore in the mornings now -- that I'm actually working out and not just paddling around. I notice that my hips are smoother and my legs more defined. When I get up and am sore, I lay back down and do a little yoga, i.e., I assume fish position and force my body to warm up and wake up. I'm combining it a little with another movement program, so that as I exhale from fish I'm doing a small neck movement with my chin toward my chest and wow, if that little bit of daily yoga doesn't make a huge difference in my body for the day. My feet and hands are often sore from all the pool workouts, but not excrutiating. There's going to be an aquaaerobics class early at the pool next month, so I'm going to pay my $30 and go. I think it'll remind me what I'm not doing and help push me along. I figure the ultimate payoff will be worth it.

So I hang in there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

{{{ HUGS }}}

Good for you @ the swimming and lower blood sugar levels! Lots of support for the whole bankruptcy mess.

Love,

Karen