Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just been way depressed. The job thing is really hard. Mike has been getting recruiters contacting him from all over the country, so we're just hanging in. We don't tell the kids any more because we don't want them to freak.

And Mike gets no vacation days at his job. If he wants a day off, he has to "make it up" or eat the pay. He continues to apply all over, but there's just not much out there at the moment.

I've been applying for secretarial jobs, but I am keenly aware of the bias people show towards obese people like me. It wouldn't matter if I were God, if I am fat, I'm probably not going to get hired over the skinny woman.

I continue to work out at the pool. My sugars are so high. I have to get my weight down. I'm thinking I might go earlish mornings and swim then, too, or at least go to the aqua-aerobics classes offered 3x a week.

Mike's helping me with my food stuff. Last night, I got low-fat sugar free pudding for dessert. It helped me get some milk, but didn't send my sugars to the moon. Of course, I also went to the pool last night, so my sugars should be decent this morning.

Taking the Bear for a blood draw to see if he qualifies for some new asthma/allergy regimen. Wish us luck! I'd really like to be able to leave my house with him!

No comments: