Saturday, November 20, 2004

I'm finally done with the job from hell.

I went through the books today and while things don't look great, they don't look as grim as they could. One thing I'm thinking about is taking Genny out of daycare to save the money there and spend time with her. I know all kinds of websites with teaching tools and I'm going to talk to LaDawn about getting a copy of the homeschool materials she uses, to work with Genny. I also think I'm going to see about setting up playdates or even taking her to LaDawn's a couple afternoons per week to play with other kids. With the holidays coming, it seems like an appropriate time, but we'll see if I get a temp job til we leave for Florida.

I'm back to sewing again, which is a sure sign that I'm happy and relaxed. I don't want to work again, unless I absolutely have to. We'll see what God brings.

I like working at home. I like being a homemaker. I never thought I'd say that in a million years, but I really do.

I've been shredded about not going on field trips with Russell. He got to go on a fossil dig and he had an absolute ball. I wanted to go sooooo bad. They're going to a play in December. I'd love to go to that with him, too.

I like the idea of earning money, but I miss my kids, my home, and my life.

I'm not even sure I want to return to grad school right now. It's such an exciting time for both children. I could take a few of the requisite classes needed for my teaching credential without officially going back to the big U for a couple years.

Genny's sooooo damned close to reading. I'd like to be there when she can do more than recite the letters that she sees -- when she can actually sound out the words.

I'd also really like to take morning walks with her and hang out with her.

No comments: