Saturday, October 04, 2003

I'm up to my butt in stuff to do, but it's a long weekend, I guess. I have a lot of work to do for the departmental web page and I've been studiously avoiding every ounce of it. I have a lot of schoolwork to do and I'm avoiding that, too. But dude, I've got clean laundry.

Lots and lots of clean laundry.

My son has started selling chicken eggs. We get $1.25/dozen at the local store for large ones and $1.00/dozen for smaller ones. Because I've got juvenile chickens, I get some smallish eggs about a third of the time. So last night, we sold 5 dozen eggs and got $6.00 because one dozen was smallish. Apparently, this store can't begin to keep on top of the demand for the eggs, which makes me four shades of happy because any thing we have we can sell.

I slept a lot, but I still want to sleep and I checked my sugars and fully expected that they would be high, but they weren't. I'm just tired, I guess.

Last night, I learned something.

When you take a muscle relaxant, do not try to get up in the middle of the night. I got up to pee and nearly fell asleep on the john. Then I came back to bed and nearly fell onto my knees and slept on the floor. It took every bit of will power I had to force myself into bed. Mike woke up and tried to talk to me and I was stumbling and fumbling around. It reminded me a lot of JarJar Binks in Episode I, where he gets his tongue numb because he sticks his face into some kind of power field.

No comments: