Thursday, October 16, 2003

I have the coolest little boy in the whole world living in my house.

I have been desperate to figure out some way to exercise. I finally asked the Bear if he'd like to get up with Mom at 630AM and go walk for a half hour. I know he's been desperate for Mom-time and I've been desperate for Bear-time, so it seemed like a good thing to do. I was just worried about him whining about going or complaining that it was too long, etc.

He didn't whine though. In fact, I can't remember when I've enjoyed being with him more. I think he really misses being the only kid in town, something with the advent of a sister, he no longer is.

We hiked up a hill first, where we can see the whole valley, and I asked him,"Do you know why we're hiking up the hill?" He said,"No, mom, why are we hiking up the hill?" I said,"So when we go home, we'll be walking DOWN the hill!" To which he laughed. There's just nothing more beautiful than an awkward prepubescent boy that you know actually getting your jokes, especially before the sun actually rises.

As we came down the hill, Russell said,"Hey, Mom, look!" I looked and the sun was putting this wierd shade of pink on the sierras. We stopped a second and talked about it. Then he looked up and said, "Hey, there's half a moon and half the mountains are pink. It's all about halves today." I laughed. Then he said,"Don't you wish Dad could see this?" I said,"Well, yes, but he can't because someone has to stay with Genevieve, and to be truthful, I'm enjoying just spending the time with you."

I heard him grin. He said,"Me, too, Mom."

No comments: