Thursday, February 23, 2006

In a fit of worrying about the preop apointment, I had to read aboutI was freaking out completely when I read about full knee replacements and then I found out about the kind I am having -- a compartmentalized knee replacement and I was
thanking my lucky stars.

The thing that bothers me is that they did ask me to donate my own blood, which I really can't do because I'm always a bit anemic. So I think Mike is a universal donor and we were thinking about it and then we found out that it's $275 out of pocket and we blanched a bit about paying that much for blood I may not need.

After reading the information, I think it's highly unlikely that I would need it, but I'm going to ask the doctor later his morning.

I need to get up soon...so I will report back after the appointment.

No comments: