Saturday, January 14, 2006

They got everything and it had not hit the margins, so no cancer!!!! It was definitely on the brink of cancer, so I am so thankful I get my annuals!



(graphic part begins)

What the doc did say is that I am to take it easy for the next couple weeks because they cut deeply and into the canal to make sure they got everything because my paps were so bad, so I lost a lot of blood and I've got a lot of sutures, so I have to be very careful. This translates to heavy duty iron supplements and no laundry!!!

Also, no jumping for joy because I don't want to rip anything.

(graphic part over)


Today, the headache from the anesthesia is gone, but the numbing stuff the surgeon put in is long gone, so I'm cramping pretty badly.

The dysplasia can come back, but for now, it's gone. The other thing, as my doctor said is if it does come back, we know what's next -- the hysterectomy, which would solve it forever.

I've been sleeping and sleeping and sleeping.

We got the news yesterday, so went out to celebrate. I, in my wheelchair and big comfy dress, and the family in smiles.

We kept asking the waiter,"Did we tell you? Did you know? I don't have cancer!" He kept asking to be reminded, "Why are you celebrating?"

Then I raised holy hell and demanded laudry get washed and that my husband buy me underwear in the interim. Then I peeled the enamel off the tile in the bathroom at the mall for 20 minutes. I think the post-surgical anesthesia thing kind of caught up at a very inopportune time. Nothing says love like your husband and two kids waiting outside the restroom for you while you wish for death.

And yeah, today is better.

No comments: