Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I've had a hard time recovering.

I had a lot of pain...enough to make me think I might have an infection. Thankfully, I was wrong.

Last week, I got frustrated with the utter filth and my husband's refusal to do anything about it and I tried to do laundry. That landed me a trip in the emergency room because I partially popped a suture and was bleeding a little from it.

I've still been in pain, but mostly, just really tired. I'm having a hard time sleeping at night. I tend to stay up all night until I just can't stay awake any more and then I sleep all day. That has not been a good thing. I think it's that I'm in pain, so last night, I took a vicodan and one tylenol PM and fell asleep about 3, which is the earliest I've fallen asleep in weeks. It was rather nice.

I've had very little life lately -- it's too much sometimes to get my clothing put away in drawers, so seeing a movie or figuring out the dvd player sometimes is more than I can manage. Grocery shopping has been an event, where I'm accompanied by my family. We've been eating out way too much because cooking is hard for me.

I'm mostly just plain waxed -- probably from being anemic. Being anemic has made me shorter tempered and frustrated and all the things that stink.

It hasn't helped that Genny has taken after me, finally, in something. She's officially been diagnosed with ADD, too. We're not doing meds, yet, but we may have to yet.

No comments: