Thursday, November 10, 2005

Everyone is finally feeling better. I tried something stupid last night because I was hungry and then was highly uncomfortable all night long. Note to self: jalapeno-artichoke dip and tortilla chips is a bad choice soon after tummy flu. With my advancing years, I've become less tolerant of peanuts, so while there used to be almond butter, there's not now. I also am fresh out of hummus. Cheese just didn't sound good. Obviously, protein was the desired thing last night, but nothing I had in the house sounded good.

Today, is Mike's profit sharing day. The profits are down, though, so we're expecting a hit. I've already figured that into the budget, but if it's worse than anticipated, then Christmas will be slim this year. We're kind of holding our breaths. We talked about Christmas last night, but without a sure sense of budget, we're afraid to plan tons.

Next year, should be a lot better. Mike's company typically cycles every 3 years, so we're holdin' our butts, in the interim. They've already said it will affect raises, which sucks because it affected his raise last year, too, in a really bad way.

I'm going to be substitute teaching starting after Christmas, so I will be contributing to the household income.

No comments: