Thursday, May 20, 2004

I'm back to not sleeping again. I hate to take Ambien because Genny's not sleeping either and I cannot unglue myself from the bed after I've taken an Ambien no matter how much Mike cusses at me at 2AM.

I think it's because I'm still sorting over the IEP meeting from Tuesday in my head.

I told my kids' group:


It was a 2 hour IEP meeting -- a marathon of IEP-ness. Part of it was that there was a lot of material to cover -- lots of test results to report on and lots of implications to consider. Part of it was hashing out all the details, so that we met his needs, documented what they were doing or going to do, etc., which I am still not clear we did as well as we could have. The occupational therapist didn't have all the stuff she needed from Mike and I, so she had less time than she would have liked to review things, so her stuff was lacking. I want to call her and talk to her a little bit and get her private views.

I am not sure if I'm totally happy with the results. I need some time to process everything and then I will probably have more to say about it. For now, I will say that it was generally positive, that it resembled teamwork, and the principal, who is normally an idiotic b___h, was strangely silent with the District Representative and my advocate from the law center present. *evil grin*

I brought homemade (to die for) triple chocolate chip cookies with me, napkins, cups, and milk because I knew it would be long. There were about 15 people there beyond Mike, me and the advocate.

I need to sleep on it, as they say. I need to then sit down and explain the finished product to Russell and get his feedback on it. Then I need to rethink it based on that feedback.

For now, I will say tentatively that it went pretty well.


Okay, I still haven't gotten the actual document back. I realized they didn't do the FBA I requested either. Grrf.

Well, my wrist is hurting, so I'm going to bed.

No comments: