Monday, September 10, 2012

Via http://www.invisibleillnessconference.com

1. The illnesses I live with are: fibromyalgia and arthritis, along side of some others.  These are the ones that cause me pain.
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2011 and 2000, respectively.
3. But I had symptoms since: 1986 (fibro)
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: limited mobility.
5. Most people assume: I'm lazy or incapable of a lot, rather than asking me.
6. The hardest part about mornings are: getting up, showering, and dressing.
7. My favorite medical TV show is: House
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: my grabber
9. The hardest part about nights are:sleeping and pain.
10. Each day I take 15-20  pills & vitamins. 
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: have tried yoga, stretching, aquaaerobics.
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: visible
13. Regarding working and career: I want to be able to work and handle a 40 hour a week.
14. People would be surprised to know: I continue to write a lot that I don't post.
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: the incessant pain.
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: work retail
17. The commercials about my illness: are always about drugs.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: 
19. It was really hard to have to give up: the idea of running a marathon.
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: beading.
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: Run a marathon.
22. My illness has taught me: more patience.
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: I hope you feel better.  The drag is when the touch me and I want to yell, "PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME!"
24. But I love it when people: offer to help and follow through.
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is:I love you. You're not alone.
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: I love you.
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: always having to explain it to people and the shock on their face when they realize just how painful it is.
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: my husband pet my hair.
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: I have nothing to lose.
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: like I am not alone.

No comments: