Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm working hard at making due. I've been making, sewing, baking, and cooking things (blankets for kids, decorations for the house, penguin costume for Halloween for Genny, muffins, and dinner home every night). I put a lot of food by this fall, so we'd have it this winter and spring.

We've been living tight -- every penny accounted for. I've exhausted my retirement money -- there wasn't much to start with, and now, there's even less. Mike didn't get a raise this year because his company simply couldn't afford it. He is at the top of his pay grade anyhow, so next year, he'll probably get a promotion and a raise, if things improve some.

We're probably going to go ahead and file bankruptcy. I keep applying for work, but nothing has shaken loose yet -- just lots of possibilities. I haven't been able to work recently because the car is dead and needs to be towed to be repaired.

It's hard work being poor and always looking for the best and next way to pinch a penny.

No comments: