Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wow, there's no work available for a person a step away from a freaking wheelchair, I swear.

I'm applying for everything. I applied for an adult education class instructor in computers. I figure that's a job I can do. As long as it's just the one class a week, I'd be fine. I'd take vicodan that night and swim the next day and be ok. I am applying with Mike for any contract web work we can get our hands on.

I've got several sewing projects for Genny to hit, so I'm about to go scrounge around in my plastic storage boxes and get those out. I also need to find my corduroy and faux wool fabrics in the garage for her and make her a few pant sets for fall.

I also severely need to find out when the blackberries come into season on the valley floor. I have this thing in my head and have had for years. I want to get a little canoe or row boat to take down the Mokelumne river to pick berries off the side of the river. Apparently, there's a lake at the end. So you have to do some driving, but it seems like something I've done in my dreams so many times, that I have to actually do it in real life.

Last night, I was dreaming about biking around the lake here, too. I could smell the pine needles and I had Genny on the back on the pony bike. I need to ask Mike to get my bike out of the shed and clean it up. We've got a stationary bike in the garage, so I figure I can start with yoga and warming up on the stationary bike, so I can get on a real bike and get my stupid leg all the way around.

The range of motion limitations surprise me, but my big old body is freaking me out. I can't hardly get into the pool in the back unless Mike's here to help me. A good ladder costs more than the stupid pool did, so it's hard to justify. And June, my ass. It's way too danged cool right now to swim much -- 70s means that the pool is in the 60's which is cold. 80-90s bring the pool temperatures to 70s which is far more tolerable. I never thought I'd be hoping for hot weather, just so I could swim.

And Mike's brother is still here. I mind and I don't mind, but he really needs to find a fucking job. We can't afford him and he's just kind of dicking around all day playing on the computer all day. I'd be ok, if he was talking about all the applications he'd put out, but that is not happening.

So, in August when it's hotter than Hades, remind me how I wished for it and tell me to stop kvetching.

No comments: