Friday, April 28, 2006

So I haven't posted much. I guess you all have noticed that,

I've just been busy dealing with that we have to redig our leach field, but it's going to be a pain in the ass and we're broke. We also have taxes due, which we didn't know that our previous escrow account on didn't pay all of.

And the bills. Geez, Louise, the bills.

And I can't work. My knee is pretty limiting. I can't do a lot of up and down. I can't be on my feet a bunch, so I'm pursuing vocational rehabilitation to take that into account in my career choice. I also contacted my university advisor and asked for advice. And while some day, my knee might get lots better, especially if I keep losing weight, I have a long way to go to lose all the weight I should.

I'm working hard in physical therapy and I'm swimming at least one day a week and I'm losing weight. I'm getting yard work done. I pruned trees that I've been wanting to prune forever, all by myself like a big girl. :) I'm starting to be able to do laundry, though I can only usually tolerate doing a load or two and then climbing up and down the cement steps just hurts too much.

I'm starting to get back to cooking meals. I know that sounds bizarre, but it's really pretty cool.

My biggest progress of late has been that I can bicycle all the way around on a stationary bike with just hiking up my hip a little each time. I still can't fully straighten my leg. The other day, after stretching it, my therapist put her hand under my knee and said, "Ok, push your knee down as hard as you can." I said through gritted teeth,"I am!"

Little bits of progress. It's not easy for an impatient person like me, but it is progress.

No comments: